In May 2017, I launched The Wordy Mom. (In January 2018, I transitioned from The Wordy Mom to Viv for Today). Three months in, I’m flattered to be averaging about 1200 page views a month. While I know I have a long way to go before quitting my day job, I wouldn’t have made it this far if it weren’t for the inspiration and support provided by my fellow bloggers, two of whom recently nominated me for The Liebster Award 2017!
A big shout out to Liebster Award 2017 nominees Aquamarine Dreams and Bloom Like a Lotus.
The Liebster Award was created to give new bloggers like me a fighting chance at success. While I can’t explain exactly how it came to be, here’s how it works:
Bloggers get nominated. Once nominated, they scour the web for bloggers who have 200 subscribers or less (that would be me, but you have the power to change that by clicking on the Get My Weekly Digest button on the right). After checking out a bunch of blogs, these nominees pay the Liebster Award honour forward by nominating a handful of bloggers they feel are worthy of recognition.
Skyler from Aquamarine Dreams nominated 4 bloggers. Amy from Bloom Like a Lotus nominated 11. I’d like to thank them both for recognizing me as a Liebster Award 2017 nominee and invite you to check out their pages and give them your support.
When someone nominates you for a Liebster Award, you’re asked to answer 10 questions about yourself.
As a two-time nominee, I’ve been presented with two sets of questions but I’m afraid I’ll bore the pants off you if I answer them all. Instead, I’m bending the Liebster Award rules a little by answering 5 questions from each set.
Aquamarine Dreams asked:
What inspired you to start blogging? On my about page, I describe myself as a “personal growth addict, always striving to understand my motives, actions and responses so that I can learn from them and lead a more authentic life.” My friends can only listen to me ramble on so much. I needed another outlet.
Which fictional character would you say is most like yourself? Eat, Pray, Love isn’t fiction. It’s a memoir by Elizabeth Gilbert, so I’m cheating a little here. But I identify with her quest to make sense of love and loss and find peace within herself.
What can you not live without? My family, for sure. Brothers. Daughter. Dog. Husband. Parents. Step-daughter. (I wrote that list in alphabetical order to avoid any backlash!)
What is your dream career? My husband would never go for this, and on a practical note, it just wouldn’t work, but I’d love to run a doggy daycare from home, or breed dogs. Waking up and having nothing on my agenda but doggie cuddles — now that would be awesome.
Do you have a favourite book or movie? This one’s easy. Truly Madly Deeply starring Alan Rickman and Juliet Stevenson. I laughed. I cried. The music gave me goosebumps. Grab a box of tissues and watch it!
Bloom Like a Lotus asked:
What has been your biggest challenge with blogging? Believing that what I have to say is actually worth listening to. It took me a while to build up the confidence to put myself out there.
What is your number one tip for other bloggers? When I first started blogging, I was overwhelmed by how much I needed to learn. Then I took a step back. First, I focused on writing. Then I focused on adding images. Then enhancing my site a little, leveraging Facebook, using Instagram, building a mailing list … If you’re in this for the long haul, don’t feel you have to know and do everything today.
What are your hobbies other than blogging? I set aside time for a little reading every day; fiction helps take me outside of my own head. Three times a week, I practice gentle yoga at my local studio. Making it to these classes is a big priority for me.
What and who motivate you to write? Everything and everyone. Basically, if it or they inspire me to feel something, there’s a good chance I’ll be inspired to write.
Name an item you can’t live without. Mixed Chicks Leave-in Conditioner. I’m not technically a ‘mixed chick’ but I have some pretty crazy curls. Without this product, I run the risk of being mistaken for Kramer from Seinfeld.
Now, it’s my turn to nominate a few fellow bloggers for the Liebster Award 2017.
And my nominees are … drumroll please …
- Gina, Amanda and Laura of Gals Whine Time
- Melody of The Alien Boss
- Brandy and Nicole of Modified Mamas
- Alex of The Recovery Republic
- Christine and Jaymi of The Salty Mamas
- Cassidy of Cassidy’s Adventures
- Kim of This Mama Needs Chocolate
If you’d like to accept this nomination — and I so hope you do — it’s your turn to write a Liebster Award 2017 blog post. In your post, please follow these simple Liebster Award rules:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you for the Liebster Award (thewordymom.com)
- Link back to the blogger who awarded you (you guessed — thewordymom.com)
- Upload the award to your blog. It can be done as a blog or on the sidebar.
- Answer the questions you have been asked. (Scroll down)
- Nominate 5 blogs with followers less than 200 that you believe deserve to receive the award. If you feel others deserve the award, then you are welcome to nominate more.
- Notify the nominated bloggers so that they can accept the award. Bloggers can be nominated more than once, giving their readers more chances to learn more about them.
Here are 10 questions for my Liebster Award nominees.
- What’s your blogging niche?
- On a personal level, what do you get out of blogging?
- Besides blogging, do you have any other creative outlets?
- If you could give a new blogger one piece of advice, what would that be?
- Breakfast in bed, reading in the tub … Describe one ritual you cherish.
- Who’s your favourite musical artist, and why?
- Introvert or extrovert?
- Dog person, cat person, neither or both?
- Would you consider yourself to be a risk taker?
- If you were being sent to a desert island and only allowed to take one thing (not person) with you, what would you take?
I look forward to reading your answers! Sending good wishes and positive vibes to all the bloggers out there!
Viv for today xo
While we’re on the topic of me, me, me, here are 10 things that make me happy.
Oh, and if you like what you’ve just read, scroll up to the GET MY NEWSLETTER button and subscribe. I’ll deliver all future posts straight to your inbox.