First, full disclosure. I’m committed to growing Viv for Today with integrity. This post is an honest review of my favourite harem pants. It includes affiliate links and that’s good news for both of us. It means I get a wee commission if you make a purchase and, more importantly, it means you can get a 10% discount (details below). Now that we’ve covered that …
Are you sitting comfortably?
If not, you may need to rethink your wardrobe because life’s too short to take abuse from your clothing.
As someone who tends to be significantly behind the curve when it comes to style, I’m no one to dish out fashion advice but I’m pretty savvy when it comes to comfort.
Having arrived, not that long ago, at the long-overdue decision to love my body as it is, I did a massive closet clearout and donated anything that wasn’t sparking serious joy to a local thrift store. Marie Kondo would be proud.
Fact: Muffins spark joy. Muffin top doesn’t.
So, out went anything with an over-restrictive waistband. The only pants I kept were those willing to accommodate my changing body (hello, mid-life midriff).
Take a peek inside my closet today and you’ll find a couple of generous pairs of jeans, a pair of denim overalls, a few rompers (I love me a romper), and six pairs of Buddha Pants®. #obsessed
Buddha Pants are my favourite harem pants.
At least four of my friends love and wear them, too. Here are 5 reasons you may want to pick up a pair (or 6) of these awesome harem pants for yourself:
1. They feel comfortable before and after eating. That’s super important to me because I don’t like anything getting in between me and a good meal! The waist is elasticated, plus they have a discrete drawstring. I’m highlighting that because, unlike some drawstrings, this one is so thin, it doesn’t cause an unsightly bump beneath my top.
2. These harem pants are ridiculously soft. I picked up a cheap pair of harem pants at a yoga retreat a couple of years ago and let’s just say you get what you pay for. They look alright, but truth be told, they feel kind of crunchy. Buddha Pants, on the other hand, are made from 100% cotton (primarily organic) and feel great against my skin (no itching), plus they drape really nicely.
3. Buddha Pants have pockets. Pockets are handy because a) you can put stuff in them, and b) they give you somewhere to place your hands, making it easy to strike a casual Instagram-worthy pose! Sidenote: Buddha Pants fold up into their left-hand pocket. I’ll be throwing a few pairs into my backpack next February when I head to Guatemala (which I am freaking-freaking excited about, by the way).
4. You can wear them when you go out dancing or hiking. Or when you go to yoga. Talk about freedom of movement. These are every bit as comfortable as traditional yoga pants, and then some. The waistband never buckles when I rise up from my forward folds (or does that only happen to me?). And I never have to worry about my pants creeping into my bits!
5. They’re not sweats. I have nothing against sweatpants, but I think we can all agree they don’t always make the best fashion statement. I believe in dressing comfortably but I’m not ready to give up looking good. I still care about what I wear, and with my hippy-dippy fashion sensibility, Buddha Pants nail it.
I’m all about spreading positivity and these are positively the comfiest pants I own. You have my word that I wouldn’t be sharing this if I wasn’t honestly, truly, dead mad about them.
If they’re not your thing, no worries. But if you’ve read this far, I’m guessing they might be, so head on over to buddhapants.com, take a peek at what’s on offer and if something takes your fancy, use promo code VIVFORTODAY10 to place your order.
Did I mention they have jumpsuits, too?
Viv for today xo
Before you go …
I believe you found your way to Viv for Today for a reason. Are you’re passionate about living a more positive, authentic and fulfilling life? I am, too. Let’s do this together. Take a moment to sign up for MY NEWSLETTER so we can keep in touch.